Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fuentes speaks out

Story by Eurosport

The doctor at the centre of the Spanish doping investigation has said he treated footballers, athletes and tennis players as well as cyclists. However, Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who was held for questioning by police in May, denied that his methods could be classed as doping.

Fuentes's declarations come in stark contrast to a statement released by the Spanish government on Tuesday that said no footballers or tennis players were implicated in the investigation.

"I'm angry about the whole matter," Fuentes told the Cadena Ser radio station on Wednesday.

"Names have appeared of people that I don't even know and there are others that haven't come out and I've no idea why but my professional oath forbids me from revealing their names.

"Treatment only for cyclists? I'm also indignant about that. I've worked with other sports, like athletics, tennis and football. There are a lot of names that haven't come out, there has been only selective leaks. I don't know why.

"I've worked with Spanish football teams from the first and second divisions that have improved their performance. If I haven't carried out the treatment myself I have recommended it to them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home